Network Rail has awarded a £750m package of framework contracts to deliver signalling and telecoms across the country for control period 6.
The regional frameworks will deliver projects of varying value, including stand-alone level crossings, stand-alone major telecoms and related civils works up to 2024.
Signalling and telecoms framework (value)
- VolkerRail Special Businesses – London North West – (£175m)
- Atkins – Anglia, South East and Wessex – (£175m)
- Linbrooke Services – London North East – (£125m)
- Babcock Rail – Scotland – (£150m)
- Colas Rail – (Western) – (£75m)
- Siemens Mobility – Wales – (£50m)
Martin Robinson, commercial director of signalling, said: “The S&T framework awards are the first awards in a three-tier approach to signalling delivery for CP6 which aims to recognise the differing signalling work banks we have to deliver.
“The framework’s approach using fewer contractors will help bring them closer to Network Rail and the Routes/Regions and make further progress in working more collaboratively.”
The remaining two tiers – minor and major signalling – targeted towards simple component replacement and major re-signalling and re-control respectively, will complete the three-tier strategy for CP6 signalling delivery when they are awarded in June 2019 and January 2020.